May 6, 2021
Dear FBCA Elementary Families,
The teachers at FBCA want to encourage all elementary students to maintain and extend their academic skills over the summer. We are inviting all incoming 1st – 6th graders to complete the BJU Vacation Station.
Please order online. We will not take orders through the school. Bob Jones University Press Link: Vacation Station.
Titles of books:
- Beyond the Back Door (for K5 going into 1st)
- Wheels Westward (for 1st going into 2nd)
- Ocean Expedition (for 2nd going into 3rd)
- Jungle Journey (for 3rd going into 4th)
- Polar Explorer (for 4th going into 5th)
- Odyssey (for 5th going into 6th)
Completing a summer workbook is not mandatory but highly suggested. Students who choose to complete the workbook must turn it in to their homeroom teacher on or before Friday, September 3, 2021.
The incentives are the following:
- 100 for one extra test grade in reading, math, and language, for the first quarter AND
- Free Dress day on a designated date.
It is important that students do quality work. No incentives will be given for partial completion of a workbook nor for work poorly done. Workbooks will be checked by your child’s homeroom teacher and a determination will be made whether the incentive will be awarded.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the school or email Mrs. Smith email@example.com. Have a safe and happy summer full of learning!